X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidjwillson
    EGS Registered
    • Apr 2023

Chromecast app for iPhone

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice regarding the Chromecast app for iPhone. I recently got a Chromecast device and I'm wondering how to set it up on my iPhone. Are there any specific steps I need to follow?
  • carlredford
    EGS Registered
    • Apr 2023

Sure, I'd be happy to help! To set up Chromecast on your iPhone, you'll need to download the Google Home app from the App Store. Once installed, open the app and make sure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device. The app should automatically detect the Chromecast, and you'll see a prompt to set it up. Just follow the on-screen instructions, which usually involve selecting your Chromecast from the list and confirming the code on both your phone and TV. Once the setup is complete, you can start casting content from supported apps to your TV. Read more https://www.macgasm.net/ios/chromecast-app-iphone/

Comment

• maxfalton80
      EGS Registered
      • Apr 2023

Building on what Carl mentioned, after setting up your Chromecast on the Google Home app, you can use various apps on your iPhone that support casting. Some popular apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Spotify have built-in casting functionality. When you're using one of these apps, you'll notice a Cast icon somewhere on the screen. Simply tap the Cast icon, choose your Chromecast device, and the content will start playing on your TV. It's worth mentioning that not all apps support casting, but many do. Additionally, you can also mirror your iPhone screen to the Chromecast if you want to display anything from your phone, such as photos or presentations. Just access the Control Center on your iPhone, tap the Screen Mirroring button, and select your Chromecast.

Comment

Working...