X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anngardner97
    EGS Registered
    • Nov 2022

5 tips to success in online courses

Many students can feel overwhelmed by sudden online instruction.
    Learning from home can be challenging, but these tips and strategies are recommended by USF Instructional Technology faculty James Hatten, PhD and Sanghoon P. Park, PhD to help you successfully transition to online learning.
    From the beginning, set yourself up for success
    1. Make learning productive
    You don't want to be slouched while you work on your assignment. Dr. Hatten, an expert on online teaching and learning recommends that students choose a location in their home that's free of common distractions.
    Dr. Hatten notes that "the couch is probably not a good place to stay at" "Get up and move to a space in your house that can be used as your office."
    2. Create a schedule for the completion and review of assignments
    The stress of working on more than one course at once can make it difficult to manage your stress levels. This can be avoided by scheduling specific time to each class. Dr. Hatten shared a simple example. She suggested that one class be worked on between the hours 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Students can use this schedule to create the same structure as traditional, in person classes.
    Dr. Hatten believes that most people procrastinate, or get so involved in their computers that they don't shut them off. "Set aside a certain time."
    In addition to the time that you have set aside for assignments, it is also a good idea to make a time to review each class' tasks so that you can plan your week. By doing this you will not forget to turn anything in.
    3. Make virtual connections with your peers
    It's not possible to study in a group with your peers or get on-the–spot clarifications from your classmates while you are away. It is possible to form virtual relationships through platforms like GroupMe, Microsoft Teams and other social media sites in order to maintain that sense of community and collaboration.
    4. To divide tasks, you can use the chunking' strategy
    Chunking refers to a method of breaking down large tasks or large amounts of information into smaller pieces. Instead of staring at the computer screen for three hours, Dr. Hatten suggests that students "chunk"their time by following an established pattern.
    Dr. Hatten explains, "Work on a class, then find a task to reward yourself at completion." "What I mean is, get up, drink some coffee, eat a snack, run or get away for a while. Then, come back for the next part.
    Find ways to stay motivated
    While there are many things you can do to set up a routine that will keep you productive, you might find it hard to get the job done. Dr. Park's research is focused on online learning motivational intervention. She explains why.
    "Online courses basically mean you are learning apart from others," he said. "Isolation from your peers and instructors can lead to many motivational issues."
    Dr. Park urges people to identify when their motivation is low first and then figure out why. These are some strategies he suggests students use.
    5. Increase your interest for the work
    Sometimes, it is difficult to complete a task or an assignment. Instead of simply putting it off for the next day, think about how to make the task or assignment interesting. This strategy requires you to use your imagination to create new work.
    Read more in Studentjob:

https://www.studentjob.co.uk/blog/5757-best-online-exam-help-top-five-websites-yоu-can-trust

Related Resources:
    What are the top online classes help services?
    5 TIPS - SUCCESS IN ONLINE TEACHINGS
    5 TIPS TO SUCCESS IN ONLINE COURSE CLASSES
    5 TIPS FOR ONLINE CLASSES SUCCESS
  • ot11ss
    EGS Registered
    • Oct 2022

I used to have a lot of trouble writing a professional personal statement. I was overwhelmed by this challenge as I looked through countless drafts and revisions. And then one day I came across an amazing service - writers who specialize in writing personal statements. Having an expert to help me write personal statement for me. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I was finally able to breathe easy knowing that I have a statement that truly reflects my qualifications, aspirations and goals. Filling out applications is much less stressful now!

Comment

Working...