X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supodum
    EGS Registered
    • Aug 2016

Review on FIFA 17 TOTW 3

Hello, and welcome to week 3 of the FIFA 17 TOTW review, where this time we see the first major upgrades to EA's much coveted One to Watch items with Higuain and Embolo both rising in rating. And we discuss the remarkable exclusion of goalkeeping hero Diego Alves, and my unhealthy obsession with ball-playing (easy..) deep lying midfielders continues.

The First Ones to Watch

EA have brought a rather interesting new concept to FUT 17 in the form of their "Ones to Watch" players whose stats will fluctuate depending on their week by week performance. Dynamic items like these are something we've never had in FUT before so it's really interesting to see how this first batch of OTW upgrades via TOTW 3 are working and just how generous EA are being with those all important rating changes. By the way, if you need coins fifa 17, just go to our site.

So a fairly modest rise for Higuain as you can see, which is understandable given his huge potential for multiple In Form/TOTS/TOTY versions this season, but a really chunky boost for Bree Embolo after his double strike at Monchengladbach on the weekend. That's the kind of OVR rise I think we were all hoping to see from these lower rated One to Watch items, so long may that trend continue. If you're lucky enough to own one, let us know how the difference in rating is feeling in game. There's certainly some profit to be made from these guys as well for all you traders out there especially in that small window right after the 3pm TOTW announcement, before these permanent stat boosts go live. Be fast traders.

Alves Penalty Heroics Denied

The reason Diego Alves is not in TOTW 3 after his penalty heroics is because Valencia lost their weekend La Liga match 2-0 to a rampant Atletico Madrid side. And a loss quite rightly rules many TOTW hopefuls out each and every week. However, I think in exceptional circumstances EA should still reward outstanding individual efforts regardless of the match result. And two penalty saves in one match, plus an additional 6 other saves is right up there in terms of goalkeeping performances, which we're unlikely to see bettered for many, many weeks. So with that in mind I think Diego Alves absolutely deserves a spot in TOTW 3, despite the fact Los Che didn't get the result they wanted on the day, and thus I shake my fist at you EA overlords! *shakes fist*

There are plenty of more ‘popular' players in TOTW 3 but I'm going to give this week's Pick of the Week award to Marco Verratti who I absolutely love both in real life (not literally) and in FUT. His spot in TOTW 3 comes more from accumulated good performances for PSG rather than headline grabbing single game stats, but for me, there's no finer young CDM on the planet. Sure, Embolo, Diego Costa or Higgy are the biggest and most sought-after names this week, but Veratti is the man at the base of the midfield we all need in FUT to make sure those big name forwards get the regular service they crave. His passing, tackling and agility make him a joy to control in FIFA 17 and I dream of one day packing the Italian maestro. Don't worry about the lack of pace, worry about the 92 rating at CDM. Wow.

So all-in-all another really solid TOTW from EA with only a few glaring omissions highlighted by you guys in the comments of our Predictions and the main TOTW 3 page. So shout-out to Carlos Mane for his two goals in 140 seconds for Stuttgart in their 4-0 win over Greuther Fuerth on Monday. It seems all the Mane's are good at quick-fire goals. I remember watching the below live last season. Mental.
  • unicorn
    EGS Registered
    • Jan 2021

I've had a great knowledge and experience, thank you
    unicorn coloring pages

Comment

Working...