X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frerezis
    EGS Registered
    • Jun 2020

What You Need to Know About Cryptocurrency

Take a look at some recent headlines about cryptocurrency — they’re an absolute roller coaster:

“.” “.” “.” “” “.” And my personal favorite: “.” (Yep. Bullish and bearish … that’s not particularly helpful.)

Dizzy yet? Here’s what we think you should know about it … and why it’s not part of your Ellevest investment portfolio.

Cryptocurrency and blockchain: The explainer
    That root — “crypto” — means “secret” or “hidden.” In the context of cryptocurrency, it really means anonymous (or almost anonymous, depending on how the currency’s set up). Cryptocurrency is a form of money that a) isn’t issued by a central authority, like a government, and b) uses cryptography — the practice of storing and transmitting data for secure communication. Bitcoin is the best-known cryptocurrency, but definitely not the only one.

You might have also heard the word “blockchain.” In the context of cryptocurrency, that’s a public record of past transactions: Every time someone completes a transaction, it gets recorded in a “block” and added to the “chain” of transactions. Then the algorithms make sure the record can’t be altered.

Crypto and blockchain go together, but they aren’t the same. Think of it like this: With US dollars, you know how much money you have in the bank because the bank keeps track of it for you … and the government keeps track of how much money the banks have.

Instead of relying on banks and governments, cryptocurrencies use a blockchain. The full blockchain from the beginning of time is publicly recorded and unchangeable — which means everybody’s computer agrees on every single transaction that ever happened. All of that makes fraud pretty damn hard.

Blockchains as a ledger system could be used for keeping track of anything from to to , which is why some people believe blockchain has the potential to disrupt — not just crypto.

So, cryptocurrency = the money, and blockchain = the accounting system.

Why do people invest in cryptocurrency?
    Investing in cryptocurrency may feel like investing in any foreign currency: You exchange your US dollars for that currency, hope that its exchange rate moves favorably, and, if it does, turn it back into US dollars so that you (hopefully) have more money than you started with.

The difference is that cryptocurrency isn’t tied to a country’s economy. It’s independent from any central authority, and its value moves — sometimes really fast. This means if you time it right, you can make a lot of money. But that’s a big, fat, hairy “if.” Because you can also lose a ton. Putting your money into cryptocurrency isn’t investing, it’s gambling.

Investing vs. speculating
    If you’re drawn to the thrill of the cryptocurrency chase and have money set aside just for risky purchasing that you’re prepared to lose, then by all means, have fun. But we believe that investing, not speculating, has a greater chance of success in the long term.

We’re also , which means we’re legally required to act in your best interests. That’s why we don’t do things like try to time the markets, try to pick “winner” individual securities or sectors, or bet on factors like momentum or size when we choose investments for your portfolio. Because doing those things — and therefore underperformance … and who employ these tactics underperform compared to the market overall.

It’s also why we don’t include cryptocurrency in the investment portfolios of any of our clients. We cannot — and will not — allow the outcome of your financial goals to be influenced by pure speculation.

Don’t miss an update
    What you need to know about managing your financial health during the coronavirus pandemic. Plus fact-based opinions and women supporting women. Delivered 3x a week.
  • weridikka
    EGS Registered
    • Jan 2021

In addition to the bitcoin network, today there are about 800 cryptocurrencies in the world, while the main market share is occupied by only two dozen systems. The creators of each new cryptocurrency are trying to make their model more perfect, reliable and efficient. Some systems provide a higher transaction speed, there are cryptocurrencies that provide a higher level of anonymity; there are crypto coins that are more suitable for the exchange game than bitcoin, due to the lower volatility (variability in value) of quotes.

Comment

• monotear
      EGS Registered
      • Jan 2021

Thanks for this dialogue. I also trust cryptocurrency. For me, this is an opportunity for quick settlement. And buying or exchanging cryptocurrency is much easier now. I am using online cryptocurrency services. there are a lot of them. But I find it convenient to use BestChange. There are more than 440 exchangers here and there is monitoring of the rates of all cryptocurrencies. And it's simple and fast. For example, you can find an exchanger for sell bitcoin https://www.bestchange.com/bitcoin-to-paypal-usd.html in a matter of moments.

Comment

• kyo19
        EGS Registered
        • Feb 2021

Very interesting. I don't believe in 99% of cryptocurrencies. BTC? Maybe, I'm not sure about bitcoin too. I believe in USD! God Bless America Dollar. instaforex review - I've been trading forex since I lost my ex-job in 2018.

Comment

• Strastor
          EGS Registered
          • Feb 2021

To begin with, it is worth understanding what monetary alternative units are. This concept refers to virtual money or cryptocurrency. There are a lot of them now. Some disappear from everyday life, some, on the contrary, new ones appear. And of course they need to be stored somewhere. After all, we keep our real money on bank cards, and in this case. A cryptocurrency wallet can also be of different types. Someone uses software wallets, someone uses a mobile application or an exchange wallet. And I'm using a physical Entheca device https://entheca.com/ . This is also a crypto wallet and it is considered the most reliable, as it has two-component protection and many more additional functions.

Comment

• rikka
            EGS Registered
            • Jul 2021

I want to recommend you an excellent application
            Last edited by rikka; 07-11-2021, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• rikka
              EGS Registered
              • Jul 2021

thanks for info

Comment

• rikka
                EGS Registered
                • Jul 2021

I used to make a living by working hard, but I had investors in my network at one point, and when I tried it out, I realized that this was my calling. Now I can successfully invest coinigy price in bitcoin while simultaneously devoting time to myself, development, and my partner.

Comment

• Yerdon
                  EGS Registered
                  • Aug 2021

Hi, yes I have been buying cryptocurrency for about three years now, I try to keep my money in cryptocurrency, sometimes I sell it at the peak and then when it falls in value I buy it back using buy ethereum online, transactions on this site are fast and always good price and low commission

Comment

• luisRED
                    EGS Registered
                    • Jan 2022

This topic is really cool and will help a lot of people who just started to get interested in cryptocurrency. I myself tried to study as much information as possible before I buy crypto and start trading on exchange. And I would also like to add information about buying or exchanging cryptocurrency. On this site of online service most of the time I do safe ETH exchange https://fast-change.net/

Comment

• Allan
                      EGS Registered
                      • Oct 2021

All cryptocurrencies are developing very fast, and in this big stream, it is important not to get lost and to choose the right crypto for yourself. To become a Crypto payment merchant is very easy, but at first glance, it seems so, but I managed to master it very fast, it is important to choose a proven and safe crypto wallet and a good gateway for bitcoin payments.

Comment

• sampritchard
                        EGS Registered
                        • Apr 2022

The fact that cryptocurrencies are developing at a furious pace is undeniable.
                        Also, I think that one of the biggest boosts in cryptocurrencies will happen when some big states will accept cryptocurrencies as a means of payment (El Salvador is good, but more is needed)
                        I recommend to read facts about cryptocurrencies which will be interesting not only for crypto newbies.

Comment

• AlValaris
                          EGS Registered
                          • Dec 2021

A smart contract audit https://www.coingecko.com/buzz/...-there is an extensive methodical examination and analysis of a smart contract’s code that is used to interact with a cryptocurrency or blockchain. This process is conducted to discover errors, issues and security vulnerabilities in the code in order to suggest improvements and ways to fix them.

Comment

• GozoBonzo
                            EGS Registered
                            • May 2022

If you've been wanting to do cryptocurrency staking for a long time or figure out this type of earnings, I can recommend article to you - https://www.cryptonewsz.com/cryptocu...tainer-review/. In this article a detailed overview of one of the best platform for staking. It has been studied in detail and described how cryptocurrency staking can bring you additional income.
                            Last edited by GozoBonzo; 06-16-2022, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• Roni
                              EGS Registered
                              • Aug 2022

Good afternoon, also for the beginning traders I can recommend an interesting article about cryptocurrency listing https://www.barchart.com/story/news/...-for-new-coins, where the information about the cost and conditions of integration on various exchanges is clearly stated. In this direction, as in any other, the main thing is knowledge, practice and development. One thing I know for sure - the future is in cryptocurrency!

Comment

Working...