• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TamamShamoon
    Banned
    • Jun 2016

Never exist a legit "ping booster" in Revelation Online

There is no such thing as a legit "ping booster"

If you want to lower your latency you have 2 options and 2 options ONLY. (this completely disregards improperly setting up your PC or installing software that has a negative effect on network latency, this is your own fault)

Number 1) Buy a dedicated IP from your ISP, and/or constantly harass them to put you on the "non-optimized network" if you are in a rural area. It seems counter intuitive but to your ISP "optimize" means spend the least amount on power you can get away with and still maintain 80% of the advertised service speeds. Has nothing to do with your connection. So harass them constantly about it. That optimization adds false latency to every packet you send and receive.

Number 2) Use a premium R4PG Revelation Online Gythil service to guarantee the lowest possible ping between you and the server you want to connect to.

Everything else is nonsense. Ping Boosters are a scam originally created to spread keyloggers. DONT FALL 4 IT

Silly Abagail, "Ping Boosters" are fake. In Windows XP there was a setting you can change to remove about 5ms of latency from your average latency, but it was an artificial increase. It did not actually lower latency it just shut of a service that was adding it for no good reason.

That problem has long since been solved. And even when there were legitimate programs being spread around to toggle that setting off for you with 1 click, those were still mainly spread as a means to infect people with Keyloggers to steal passwords from online gamers.

please stop spreading the idea that Ping Boosters are real. They never were, and never will be. My previous post is reality. Read it and embrace it. I am a trained Network Engineer with more than a decade of real experience and more than two decades of online gaming experience. You can trust me when I tell you that ALL ping boosters are a scam. No matter what circumstances you personally experience.

More often than not they contain keyloggers or botnet clients.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TamamShamoon; 02-15-2017, 09:12 PM.
Working...